- Embark on the magical journey at Pallathuruthy
|Cruise along Punchiri Thodu, one of the main backwater waterways via Kannitta Canal and experience the hum of daily life, wave at boatmen oaring their canoes or simply casting their nets and women going about their routine in houses set on the waters edge.
- Take a look at the Finishing point of the famous snake-boat race.
- Stop for lunch at Thathampally and indulge in a culinary delight.
- Relax on the sun deck enroute the Punnamada Lake as you pass the Starting Point of the thrilling snake-boat races.
- Opt for a stop! Take an Ayurvedic rejuvenation massage at SD Pharmacy's Ayurvedic Centre, Keraleeyam Resort.
- Continue the cruise to R Block on Vembanad Lake, a favorite boat-ride halt for a taste of the Kerala tipple- Kallu ot Toddy! A heady brew tapped from the coconut tree.
- Watch the sunset set into the horizon lined with coconut trees while a sumptuous dinner is served on board. Settle into a peaceful night being luuled to sleep by the sounds of the waters.
- Head out from R Block, traversing small canals to pass E Block a 14000 old, unique paddy cultivation system and Kavalam.
|Experience the mysticism of ancient architecture in a visit to Krishnapuram Temple.
- Stopover for lunch at Kidangara.
- Experience typical village culture as you take a village walkabout in Pullincunnu - visit the local church and the market.
- Anchor for the night and a peaceful dinner on Onnamkara Lake.
- Wake up to a glorious sunrise and bird call. Begin the day with a cruise to Mancompu, where you can visit Mancompu Temple.
- Navigate through Venattukad and Arupank Canals to reach Akkathara Thodu and watch the life taking itself daily course in rural alleppey from your window, school going children, produce headed for the local market in canoes and people going about their routine. Idyllic life on the backwaters!
|Try your hand at hauling in a 'big catch' - watch a net-fishing demo and then try it yourself!
- Bring the day to a quiet close with dinner on board at Kizhakke Vatta Kaayal while listening to
the silence of the night that envelops you in its calm embrace.
- Start your day watching sun gild your world with a panoramic sunrise over the backwater.
- Glide along small canals -Kuti Thodu and Cherukali Kaayal, to reach the next point of your cruise.
- Visit No. 51 Toddy Shop for a taste of freshly tapped coconut brew.
- Halt at Chavara - walkabout and visit Chavara Bhavan.
- The magic continues as you cruise to Kainakary where you can step off the houseboat and get into a small country boat for a ride.
- Watch life on the backwaters unfold as you travel through the network of canals.
- Break for lunch with a traditional Malayali family, and experience the delicious variety of a home-cooked meal.
- After the sumptious meal, relax on the sundeck enjoying the cool breeze as you cruise past Nedumudi to Champakkulam.
- Visit the Champakkulam church, market and water belt where the annual Champakkulam Boat Race is held.
- Cycle your way from Champakkulam School through Kallampally to board your houseboat again at Velankulangara.
- Catch up on some rest & relaxation as the cruise winds its way along a system of small canals to reach Thakazhy.
- Drop anchor for the night and enjoy dinner on board served by your private chef.
- Begin your last day on board with an early morning cruise past Thandapara, Pandy, Karuvatta and Pallana Lake.
- Visit a famous poet's memorial, follow it with a stroll along Thottapally Beach to the fishing harbor.
- Enjoy your lunch as you cruise by the Thottapally Spillway, and relax till you get to Karumadi soaking in the sights and sounds of backwater life.
- Allow yourself the privilege of seeing 'Karumadi Kuttan' - a very unique and ancient representation of Buddha in granite.
- Carry on to Karumadi Thodu and Vaisyambhagam to get to Kanjippadam.
- Observe a coir-making demo, from fibre to rope.
- Wind down the cruise on board for closing night, with a sumptuous dinner the backwaters, serenaded by the wind!
- Take home good memories with you as you returnfor check out to Pallathuruthy via Vetikari and Ponakari.
* All our houseboats hold Golden Category rating
* Check out time is at 09.00AM
* House boat will Anchor From 5.00 pm-7.00am
* Please note that the places /distance covered will depend on the time of arrival, place of check in (pick up) and number of cruising days.